ADA & Section 504 Overview
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and relevant local, state, and federal law, the University provides individuals with disabilities equal access to University programs or activities. Western Washington University is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in employment, education, and related programs and services to faculty, staff, and students with disabilities. This commitment includes architectural, technological and educational access.
Daniel Records-Galbraith - 360-650-3307 email@example.com
The ADA Coordinator consults and assists members of the Western community with concerns or inquiries regarding the ADA and Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Responsibilities include:
- Monitor and coordinate compliance with federal, state, and local laws, resolution agreements, and regulatory guidance related to ADA
- Provide technical guidance to the University about obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and grievance procedures for individuals who experience discrimination on the basis of their disability.
- Consult and collaborate with a broad network of University partners, offices, and programs who in turn provide direct support, resources and outreach on ADA matters and initiatives
- Identify and coordinate response to patterns or systemic issues relating to ADA concerns
Here For You
If you are having difficulty with an individual, office or department on the basis of your disability and have been unable to come to a resolution, Western has designated resources and grievance processes available. The ADA Coordinator can provide information and assistance to individuals who have concerns or wish to make an allegation related to accessibility and accommodations, or possible discrimination due to a disability.
- PRO-U1600.03A Requesting an Employee Disability Accommodation
- STN-U1600.03A Allowing Animals as a Reasonable Accomodation in University Employment
- PRO-U1600.03B Requesting Reasonable Accommodation for Application Process
- STN-U1600.03B Students with Service Animals in Academic Settings
- PRO-U1600.03C Requesting Classroom Accommodation by Faculty
- PRO-U1600.03D Receving Disability Accommodation in University Residences
- STN-U1600.03D Animals in University Residences